AGENDA FOR THE CITY COUNCIL
City of Rapid City, South Dakota
6:30 P.M., Monday, October 21, 2019
ROLL CALL AND DETERMINATION OF QUORUM
INVOCATION (You are welcome to participate, but not required)
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
ADOPTION OF AGENDA
AWARDS AND RECOGNITIONS
1. Proclamation World Polio Day – Willis Sutliff
2. Proclamation Ralph Schwab Day
GENERAL PUBLIC COMMENT (3-minute time limit per speaker)
A time for the members of the public to discuss or express concerns to the Council on any issue not on the agenda. Action will not be taken at the meeting on any issue not on the agenda, except by placement on the agenda by unanimous vote of the Council members present.
NON-PUBLIC HEARING ITEMS -- Items 3 – 38
Open Public Comment – Items 3 – 30 (3-minute time limit per speaker)
Close Public Comment
CONSENT ITEMS – Items 3 – 30
Remove Items from the “Consent Items” and Vote on Remaining Consent Items
3. Approve Minutes for the pdf October 7, 2019 (121 KB) Regular Council meeting.
Tax Increment District Set for Hearing (November 4, 2019)
4. No. 19TI002 - A request by KTM Design Solutions, Inc. for Yasmeen Dream, LLC for a Resolution to approve TID #78 Project Plan Amendment #1 for property generally described as being located east and west of Elk Vale Road between E. Highway 44 and the current terminus of East Fairmont Street.
Alcoholic Beverage License Applications Set for Hearing (November 4, 2019)
5. Youth and Family Services for a SPECIAL EVENT On-Sale Malt Beverage license and On-Sale Wine license for an event scheduled for February 21 and 22, 2020 at Youth and Family Services, 120 E. Adams Street
6. Golden Ticket Cinemas, Inc. DBA Golden Ticket Cinemas Rushmore 7, 350 East Disk Drive, for a Retail (on-off sale) Wine and Cider license and a Retail (on-off sale) Malt Beverage and South Dakota Farm Wine license
6A. Naja Shriners for a SPECIAL EVENT On-Sale Dealer license for an event scheduled for November 16, 2019 at Rapid City Shrine Center, 4091 Sturgis Road
Public Works Committee Consent Items
7. PW101519-03: Approve Request from School House, LLC for a Variance to Waive the Requirement to Install Sidewalk per City Ordinance 12.08.060 along Clarkson Road, Pioneer Circle and section line right-of-way for property located at 9340 Clarkson Road.
8. PW101519-04: Approve extension of contract bid to the following contractors for the Operated Equipment Rental for Street Snow Removal contract for the 2019-2020 snow season: Simon Contractors of SD
9. PW101519-05: Authorize Mayor and Finance Officer to sign an agreement between the City of Rapid City and Gregory and Janet Lester for construction of a public sewer main in Creek Dr.
10. PW101519-07: Authorize Mayor and Finance Officer to sign Professional Services Agreement with Architecture Incorporated for Fitzgerald Stadium Renovations Project No. 19-2508 CIP #51231 for and amount not to exceed $89,942.00.
11. PW101519-08: Authorize staff to advertise for bids 2019 Roof Replacement Project No. 19-2492 / CIP No. 50098 estimated at $900,000.
12. PW101519-10: Authorize Mayor and Finance Officer to Sign an Agreement between the City of Rapid City and Advanced Engineering and Environmental Services, Inc. (AE2S) for Engineering Services for Elk Vale Lift Station Gravity Main & Force Main Upgrades Project No. 18-2480 / CIP No. 50729, in the amount of $522,701.00.
13. PW101519-14: Approve Change Order 1 to R.C.S Construction, Inc. for Hanover Drive Drainage. Project #18-2460/CIP 51204. No cost change order.
14. PW101519-15: Authorize Mayor and Finance Officer to sign four permanent utility easements with Black Hills Power Inc. for power line relocation for the Rushmore Plaza Civic Center Arena Expansion Project, project number 18-2452
15. PW101519-01: Approve Resolution No. 2019-083 Authorizing Installation Of Roadway Lighting By The South Dakota Department Of Transportation Along SD79 Between The Intersections Of Us16B/Catron Blvd And Old Folsom Rd, Adjacent To The Rapid City Regional Landfill
16. PW101519-11: Authorize Mayor and Finance Officer to sign a three-year contract with ESRI for an Enterprise License Agreement for GIS software in the amount of $57,900 the first year, and $56,000 year two and three, for a total expenditure of $169,900.
17. PW101519-06: Approve a request by BH Capital 7, LLC for authorization to prepare an H-Lot located in Section 32, T2N, R8E, BHM, Rapid City, Pennington County, South Dakota and to authorize acceptance of the deed.
18. PW101519-09: Authorize staff to advertise for bids Downtown Lighting Project. Project #19-2500 CIP #51228 Engineers Estimate $1,177,560.
19. PW101519-12: Approve with Stipulations, A Request from KTM Design Solutions, Inc. for an Exception to allow more than 40 dwelling units with one point of access. Per Section 2.6 of the Infrastructure Design Criteria Manual (IDCM), a single access can only serve 40 dwelling units unless an Exception is approved by City Council.
20. PW101519-13: Acknowledge Solid Waste Division update on Marketing and Recycle Operations
Legal & Finance Committee Consent Items
21. LF101619-07 – Authorize the Mayor and Finance Officer to Sign City Hall Service Agreements with JCI and Kone for Ongoing Facility Services
22. LF101619-03 – Authorize Staff to Purchase Jeep Grand Cherokee at State Bid Price to Replace Aging Vehicle in the Police Department Fleet
23. LF101619-05 – Approve Resolution No. 2019-085 a Resolution Declaring Miscellaneous Personal Property Surplus to be traded
24. Acknowledge the Following Volunteers for Worker’s Compensation Purposes: Kevin Carpenter (RSVP+), Kim Crago (RSVP+), Samantha Kellar (Fire Department), Marleah McClain (RSVP+), Kathleen Steiner (RSVP+)
25. LF101619-02 – Acknowledge August 2019 Sales Tax Report
26. LF101619-06 – Approve Resolution No. 2019-084 a Resolution Levying Assessment for Abatement of Nuisances
27. LF101619-01 – Acknowledge Update from the Opportunity Capture Fund Committee
Community Development Consent Items
28. LF101619-04 – Authorize the Mayor and Finance Officer to Sign the FY2019 Community Development Block Grant Contract for the Black Hills Community Loan Fund
Bid Award Consent Items
29. No. CC102119-02.1 – Approve award of total bid for PARK DRIVE STORM SEWER REPAIR, Project No. 19-2483 / CIP No. 51184 opened on OCTOBER 15, 2019 to the lowest responsible bidder, BTD Enterprises, LLC in the amount of $47,139.38.
30. No. CC102119-02.2 – Approve award of total bid for Lion Drive Rehabilitation Project, Project No. 18-2474 / CIP No. 50549 opened on 10/15/2019 to the lowest responsible bidder, Simon Contractors of SD, Inc. in the amount of $359,445.00.
END OF CONSENT ITEMS
NON-CONSENT ITEMS – Items 31 – 38
Open Public Comment – Items 31 – 38 (3-minute time limit per speaker)
Close Public Comment
31. No. 19RZ029 - First Reading, Ordinance 6356, an Ordinance Amending Section 17.06 of Chapter 17 of the Rapid City Municipal Code, a request by Longbranch Civil Engineering, Inc for Sara Hyde for a Rezoning from Neighborhood Commercial District to Medium Density Residential District for property generally described as being located at 1006 and 1012 Farlow Avenue.
Public Works Committee Items
32. PW101519-02: Request from Hermanson Egge Engineering, INC. for a variance to waive the requirement to install sidewalk along North Plaza Drive, Rapid City, per City Ordinance 12.08.060.
Recommendation: Deny 4-1 with Modrick voting in favor of the variance.
Legal & Finance Committee Items (NONE)
Community Development Items
33. No. 19PL063 - A request by Longbranch Civic Engineering, Inc for Broker Dividend Fund, LLC for a Preliminary Subdivision Plan for proposed Lots 1 thru 10 of Block 1, Lots 1 thru 14 of Block 2, Lots 1 thru 27 of Block 3, Lots 1 thru 19 of Block 4, Lots 1 thru 18 of Block 5, Lots 1 thru 2 of Block 6, and Lots 1 thru 3 of Block 7 of Hillsview Estates Subdivision, generally described as being located at the northern terminus of Haakon Street.
Recommendation: Approve with Stipulations
Alcoholic Beverage License Applications Renewals for 2020
PUBLIC HEARING ITEMS – Items 39 – 44
Open Public Hearing (comment) - Items 39 –44 (3-minute time limit per speaker)
[Public Hearing Remains Open]
Close Public Hearing (comment) - Items 39 – 44
CONSENT PUBLIC HEARING ITEMS – Items 39 – 42
Remove Items from the “Consent Public Hearing Items” and Vote on Remaining Consent Items
Community Development Items (NONE)
39. Pennington County Democratic Party for a SPECIAL EVENT On-Sale Malt Beverage license for an event scheduled for November 3, 2019 at Canyon Lake Activity Center, 2900 Canyon Lake Dr.
40. PV Rapid LLC DBA Puerto Vallarta Mexican Restaurant & Tequila Bar, 2205 N Lacrosse Street for a Retail (on-sale) Liquor License (Inactive) TRANSFER from Wisdom, Inc. DBA Wisdom Inc., 2205 N. Lacrosse Street
41. Pacific Pearl Hotel Mgmt – Pierre, LLC DBA Ramada by Wyndham, 1902 N. Lacrosse Street for a Retail (on-sale) Liquor License TRANSFER from First National Bank Rapid City DBA Ramada Hotel & Suites F&B, 1902 N. Lacrosse Street
42. OC Rapid City LLC DBA Old Chicago Restaurant, 1718 Eglin Street for a Retail (on-sale) Liquor – Restaurant license TRANSFER from Black Hills BBQ Inc. DBA Famous Dave’s BBQ, 1718 Eglin Street
Assessment Rolls (NONE)
Other Items Requiring Public Hearings (NONE)
END OF CONSENT PUBLIC HEARING CALENDAR
NON-CONSENT PUBLIC HEARING ITEMS – Items 43 and 44
43. No. 19RZ034 - Second Reading, Ordinance 6362, an Ordinance Amending Section 17.06 of Chapter 17 of the Rapid City Municipal Code, a request by Renner Associates, LLC for Roadside Outdoor Advertising, LLC for a Rezoning Request from Office Commercial District to Low Density Residential District II for property generally described as being located north of Tower Road.
44. 19OA005 – Second Reading of Ordinance No. 6355 An Ordinance Amendment Amending Title 17 of the Rapid City Municipal Code to Exempt Small Wireless Facilities from the Definition of Microcell Wireless Communication Facilities
45. No. CC102119-01 – Bill List for October 21, 2019