AGENDA FOR THE CITY COUNCIL
City of Rapid City, South Dakota
7:00 P.M., Monday, August 7, 2017
ROLL CALL AND DETERMINATION OF QUORUM
INVOCATION (You are welcome to participate, but not required)
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
ADOPTION OF AGENDA
AWARDS AND RECOGNITIONS
1. 2017 Norm E. Nelson Historic Preservation Awards
GENERAL PUBLIC COMMENT
A time for the members of the public to discuss or express concerns to the Council on any issue not on the agenda. Action will not be taken at the meeting on any issue not on the agenda, except by placement on the agenda by unanimous vote of the Council members present.
NON-PUBLIC HEARING ITEMS -- Items 2 – 56
Open Public Comment – Items 2 - 53
Close Public Comment
CONSENT ITEMS – Items 2 - 53
Remove Items from the “Consent Items” and Vote on Remaining Consent Items
2. Approve pdf Minutes (44 KB) for the July 17, 2017 Regular Council meeting.
Vacations of Right-Of-Way Set for Hearing (NONE)
Alcoholic Beverage License Applications Set for Hearing (August 21, 2017)
3. West Boulevard Neighborhood Association for a SPECIAL EVENT Malt Beverage and On-Sale Wine license for an event scheduled for August 26, 2017 at the intersection of Fulton and West Blvd, 1115 West Boulevard
4. Lu Shun LLC DBA Lu Shun LLC (Imperial), 702 E North Street for a Retail (on-off sale) Malt Beverage License TRANSFER from Rui Feng Inc DBA Rui Feng Inc, 702 E North Street
5. Lu Shun LLC DBA Lu Shun LLC (Imperial), 702 E North Street for a Retail (on-off sale) Wine License TRANSFER from Rui Feng Inc DBA Rui Feng Inc, 702 E North Street
6. Lu Shun LLC DBA Lu Shun LLC (Great Wall), 315 E North Street for a Retail (on-off sale) Malt Beverage License TRANSFER from Rui Feng Inc DBA Rui Feng Inc, 315 E North Street
7. Lu Shun LLC DBA Lu Shun LLC (Great Wall), 315 E North Street for a Retail (on-off sale) Wine License TRANSFER from Rui Feng Inc DBA Rui Feng Inc, 315 E North Street
Public Works Committee Consent Items
8. PW080117-01 – Approve Change Order #1F to Hills Materials Company for Tatanka Road Water Main Extension, Project No. 16-2357 / CIP No. 51152 for a decrease of $9,925.78.
9. PW080117-02 – Authorize Staff to Advertise for Bids for Pavement Rehabilitation Project – Chief Drive, Project No. 17-2360 / CIP No. 50549. Estimated Cost: $200,000.00.
10. PW080117-03 – Authorize Staff to Advertise for Bids for Main Street Water Valve Repair Project – 2nd Street to East Boulevard. Project No. 17-2390 / CIP No. 50705. Estimate Cost: $200,000.00.
11. PW080117-04 – Authorize Mayor and Finance Officer to Sign a South Dakota Department of Transportation Agreement for Use and Restoration of Detour for SDDOT Project No. IM-PH 0902(167)58, Pennington County, PCN 05MJ.
12. PW080117-05 – Authorize Mayor and Finance Officer to Sign an Amendment to the Agreement between the City of Rapid City and Advanced Engineering and Environmental Services, Inc. for Pavement Rehabilitation Project – East Saint Joseph Street Overlay, Project No. 17-2363 / CIP No. 51161, for an increase of $4,079.50.
13. PW080117-06 – Authorize Mayor and Finance Officer to Sign an Agreement between City of Rapid City and Dakota Pump, Inc. for Red Rocks Booster Pump Station Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA) Integration, Project No, 14-2177 / CIP No. 50812.B, in the amount of $90,854.00.
14. PW080117-07 – Authorize Mayor and Finance Officer to Sign Amendment No. 2 to Bartlett and West for Red Rocks Booster Pump Station Upgrades, Project No. 14-2177 / CIP No. 50812.B, in the amount of $126,105.00.
15. PW080117-08 – Authorize Mayor and Finance Officer to Sign an Agreement Concerning Transfer of Water System Between Mesa View Water Users Association, Inc., and City of Rapid City.
16. PW080117-09 – Authorize Mayor and Finance Officer to Sign a Joint Powers Maintenance and Encroachment Agreement between the City of Rapid City and Department of Transportation for City Project No. 14-2170 / CIP No. 50866, State Projects NH 0044(00)45 PCN 0515 and P 1774(00)06 PCN 02SF.
17. PW080117-11 – Approve List of Property Owners to Send Notices to Construct or Repair Sidewalks; 2016 Assessed Sidewalk Improvement Project, Project No. 16-2344.
18. PW080117-12 – Approve Acceptance of Infrastructure for Village at Skyline Pines Water, Sewer and Storm Sewer - DEV12-1090.
19. PW080117-13 – Approve Acceptance of Infrastructure for Fairmont Boulevard Extension – DEV11-1063.
20. PW080117-14 – Approve a Request from Travis Swift for Volt Properties, LLC for a Variance to Waive the Requirement to Install Sidewalk per City Ordinance 12.08.060 Along Creek Drive for the Property Located at 1714 Creek Drive.
21. PW080117-16 – Authorize Staff to Seek Proposals for Deadwood Avenue Reconstruction – I-90 to Meade County, Project No. 17-2375 / CIP No. 50437.
22. PW080117-17 – Approve a request by Lazy P6 Land Company for authorization to prepare an H-Lot located in the Unit 1 of Southgate Commercial Condominiums #2, in the NE1/4 of the SE1/4, Section 24, T1N, R7E, BHM, Rapid City, Pennington County, South Dakota and to authorize acceptance of the deed.
23. PW080117-18 – Approve Transit Grant from FTA for 5307 Formula funds for operating and capital assistance in the amount of $1,199,900.
24. PW080117-19 – Authorize Mayor and Finance Officer to sign 2018-2020 Title VI Program Plan as required by FTA to receive federal transit grant funds.
25. PW080117-20 – Authorize Staff to Advertise for Bids for Landfill Cell 17 Closure, Project No SW16-2370. Estimated Cost: $1,400,000.00.
26. PW080117-21 – Authorize staff to advertise for bids for PR17-6159 Roosevelt Ice Arena Roof Top Unit Replacement Project. Estimated cost $65,000.00.
27. PW080117-22 – Authorize Mayor and Finance Officer to sign Extension of Term of Contract for Services Agreement for Manager of Meadowbrook Golf Course Clubhouse and Pro-Shop Between the City of Rapid City and BF Variety Store, Inc.
28. PW080117-23 – Authorize Staff to Request Proposals for Security Services for Parks Shelters, Gates and Restrooms and Cemetery Gates and Office.
29. PW080117-10 – Authorize Mayor and Finance Officer to Sign a Professional Services agreement between City of Rapid City and HDR Engineering, Inc. for Sheridan Lake Road Traffic Study – Albertta Drive to Corral Drive; Project No. 17-2373 / CIP No. 51122 in the amount of $148,190.00.
30. PW080117-15 – Authorize properties outside City limits to connect to City water in accordance with Resolution 2014-192, upon execution of covenant agreement and payment of construction fees.
31. PW080117-24 – Authorize Mayor and Finance Officer to Sign Amendment to Professional Services Agreement with Ferber Engineering Company, Inc. for City Bike Path Restoration and Rapid Creek Bank Stabilization, Project No. PR14-6118, in the amount of $6,475.00.
Legal & Finance Committee Consent Items
32. LF080217-04 – Approve Resolution No. 2017-067 a Resolution to Donate Surplus Real Property to Passages Women’s Transitional Living, Inc. with the addition of a reversionary clause.
33. LF080217-07 – Confirm the Reappointment of Gavin Fawbush and New Appointments of Logan Steffens and Stacie Hull to the Hotel BID Board
34. LF080217-08 – Confirm the Appointment of Malcom Chapman and the Reappointment of Lisa Modrick to the Performing Arts Board
35. LF080217-01 – Approve Resolution No. 2017-061 a Resolution to Write-off Uncollectable Ambulance Billing Accounts
36. Acknowledge the Following Volunteers for Worker’s Compensation Purposes: Stella Bond, Kailey Tubbs, Maria Vasquez Garcia, Austin Freeman, Tim Bjork, Gordon Bradley, Margaret Engler, Leon Fenhaus, Cody Hodson, Pete Koupal, Tom Kraka, Mark Miller, Jeff Olson, Paul Vinatieri, Gary Crockett, Leslie Crockett, Tyson Baker, Isaac Pacheo, Jared Zubia, Dakota Hunter, Evan Bateman, Blaine Rogers, Kendall Jacobs, Ami Jacobs, Wyatt Eaton, Kaleb Reichert, Miller Slaughter, Tyler Jones, Tyler Wilkes, Dallas Hunt, Jacob Swanson, Jason Bertagnole, Ethan Gonda, Matthew Browning, Michael Bambo, Josh Bowman, Jacob Stine, Damon Lillemo, Benjamin Wilson, Mark Pingel, Gaven Munson, Thayne Allen, Caleb Williams, Ben Davis, Jacob Stacey, Nicholas Griffin, Nathaniel Griffin, Matt Schipper, Taj Cunningham, Brad Taylor, Roy Isom, Talbot McLaws, Aaron Thomas, Eric Mohler Garrett Hamby, Jordan Federowich, Carson Roberts, Joshua Sanders, Joshua Campbell, Brent Winward, Diane Winward, Richard Salkeld, Samantha Maxfield, Josephine Bryan, Tiffany Sprague, Anna Williams, Rebekah Ward, Sierra Braithwaite, Lindsay Sanders, Abigail Krum, Ashley Frizzall, Jackie Killian, Wynter Miller, Tabitha Brown, Billie Garner, Queen Dairo, Judith Olson, Parry Olsen, Madeline Nelson, Holly McCoy, Zannah Pacheo, Jessica Gentry, Ariza Zubia, Hannah Reichman, Kathryn Reichman, Ila Mattson, Emily Nelson, Callista Worthen, Hailey Longhurst, Rachel Burton, Kelsie Sanders, Koki Fowlke, Taylor D. Oliver, Chantal Lawrence, Emily Martineau, Rose Hegel, Cathryn Burrows, Trista Maisey, Emily Ward, Eliza Anderson, Nicole Emmett, Jenna Wyson, Breyannah Elizabeth, Marcia Canter, Jack Coakley, Miles Coakley, Ally Ritterholz, Emma Ritterholz, Isabel Shinn, Molly Smith, Faith Christen, Lisa Frisch, Anthony Dyk
37. LF080217-02 – Approve Resolution No. 2017-062A a Resolution Fixing Time and Place for Hearing on Assessment Roll for Cleanup of Miscellaneous Property
38. LF080217-11 – Approve Resolution No. 2017-068 a Resolution Declaring Miscellaneous Personal Property Surplus
39. LF080217-05 – Authorize Mayor and Finance Officer to Sign FY2016 Community Development Block Grant Contract with Feeding South Dakota
40. LF080217-06 – Authorize Mayor and Finance Officer to Sign FY2016 Community Development Block Grant Contract with Working Against Violence, Inc. (WAVI)
41. LF080217-09 – Authorize Mayor and Finance Officer to Sign FY2016 Community Development Block Grant Contract with Catholic Social Services
42. LF080217-10 – Approve Resolution No. 2017-066 a Resolution to Create Position of Human Resources and Payroll Liaison
43. 17TP012 – Authorize Mayor and Finance Officer to Sign the Agreement Between the City of Rapid City and the City of Box Elder for Accomplishing the Rapid City Area Transportation Planning Process
44. 17TP013 – Authorize Mayor and Finance Officer to Sign the Agreement Between the City of Rapid City and Pennington County for Accomplishing the Rapid City Area Transportation Planning Process
45. LF080217-12 – Approve Resolution No. 2017-069 a Resolution Authorizing the Finance Officer to Reimburse the South Dakota School of Mines & Technology Out of the City’s Vision Account for a Portion of the Costs Associated with Improvements to O’Harra Stadium Pursuant to the Recommendation of the Vision Citizen’s Committee
Community Planning & Development Services Department Consent Items (NONE)
CIP Committee Consent Items
46. pdf No. CIP072117-00 (75 KB) – Acknowledge Capital Improvement Programs Committee Monthly Update for May 2017
47. No. CIP072117-03 – Approve Capital Plans for Government Facilities – (Fire & Emergency Services, Parks & Recreation, CSAC)
48. pdf No. CIP072117-04 (175 KB) – Approve Capital Plan for Fire Vehicles
49. pdf No. CIP072117-05 (190 KB) – Approve Capital Plan for Parks & Recreation
50. pdf No. CIP072117-06 (191 KB) – Approve Capital Plan for Information Technology
51. No. CIP072117-01 – Approve Financial Reports (Contingency, DCA Charges, Matching Grants, Penn Co Loan)
52. pdf No. CIP072117-02 (181 KB) – Approve Capital Plan for Streets, Drainage, MIP Projects
Continued Consent Items – (NONE)
Bid Award Consent Items
53. No. CC080717-02.1 – Approve award of total bid for 5th Street Concrete Repair Project - Minnesota Street to Texas Street, Project No. 15-2292 / CIP No. 50445 opened on August 1, 2017 to the lowest responsible bidder, J.V. Bailey Co. Inc., in the amount of $369,275.50.
END OF CONSENT ITEMS
NON-CONSENT ITEMS – Items 54 - 56
Open Public Comment – Items 54 - 56
Close Public Comment
Community Planning & Development Services Department Items (NONE)
Legal & Finance Committee Items
54. LF080217-03 – Approve Final Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) FY2017 Annual Action Plan and Authorize Mayor and Finance Officer to Sign the SF-424 and CDBG Certifications.
Recommendation: Forward without recommendation (Vote 3-1)
Public Works Committee Items
55. PW080117-25 – Request to Allow a Food Truck on City Property After Leased Hours to be Located in the Southwest Corner of Mount Rushmore Road and Main Street – Jamie Jackson. Recommendation: Acknowledged Request
NOTE: Continue to the September 5, 2017 Council Meeting per the Applicant’s Request
CIP Committee Items
Other Board, Commission & Committee Items
Alcoholic Beverage License Applications
Council Items & Liaison Reports
56. No. CC070317-04.2 – Appeal of Denied Security License – Eric Yellow Boy (Continued from the July 3, 2017 City Council meeting, per the applicant’s request)
Recommendation: Continue to the August 7, 2017 City Council meeting per applicant’s request
PUBLIC HEARING ITEMS – Items 57 - 60
Open Public Hearing - Items 57 - 60 [Public Hearing Remains Open]
CONTINUED PUBLIC HEARING CONSENT ITEMS – (NONE)
END OF CONTINUED PUBLIC HEARINGS CONSENT ITEMS
Close Public Hearing - Items 57 - 60
CONSENT PUBLIC HEARING ITEMS – Item 57 - 59
Remove Items from the “Consent Public Hearing Items” and Vote on Remaining Consent Items
Community Planning & Development Services Department Items (NONE)
57. Maverik, Inc. DBA Maverik, Inc. #552, 1624 Haines Avenue for a Package (off sale) Malt Beverage license and Retail (on-off sale) Wine license
58. Storybook Island for a SPECIAL EVENT Malt Beverage and On-Sale Wine license for an event scheduled for September 8, 2017 at Storybook Island, 1301 Sheridan Lake Road
59. Rapid City Chamber of Commerce for a SPECIAL EVENT Malt Beverage and On-Sale Wine license for an event scheduled for November 14, 2017 at Servall Uniform and Linen Supply, 410 4th Street
Other Items Requiring Public Hearings
END OF CONSENT PUBLIC HEARING CALENDAR
NON-CONSENT PUBLIC HEARING ITEMS – Items 60
60. No. 17RZ022 - Second Reading, Ordinance 6187, An Ordinance Amending Section 17.06 of Chapter 17 of the Rapid City Municipal Code, a request by KTM Design Solutions, Inc for Mollers Limited Partnership for a Rezoning from General Commercial District to Office Commercial District for property generally described as being located northwest of the intersection of E. Omaha Street and Lacrosse Street.
61. No. CC080717-01 – Bill List for August 7, 2017