AGENDA FOR THE CITY COUNCIL
City of Rapid City, South Dakota
6:30 P.M., Monday, March 6, 2017
ROLL CALL AND DETERMINATION OF QUORUM
INVOCATION (You are welcome to participate, but not required)
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
ADOPTION OF AGENDA
AWARDS AND RECOGNITIONS
1. Veteran of the Month, Christian Messina
EXECUTIVE SESSION Pursuant to SDCL 1-25-2(1) for the purpose of discussing the qualifications of a prospective public officer or employee.
2. No. CC030617-04.1 - Authorize the Mayor to make offer of employment to prospective City Budget Analyst at an amount higher than Step 7.
GENERAL PUBLIC COMMENT
A time for the members of the public to discuss or express concerns to the Council on any issue not on the agenda. Action will not be taken at the meeting on any issue not on the agenda, except by placement on the agenda by unanimous vote of the Council members present.
NON-PUBLIC HEARING ITEMS -- Items 3 – 34
Open Public Comment – Items 3 – 25
Close Public Comment
CONSENT ITEMS – Items 3 – 25
Remove Items from the “Consent Items” and Vote on Remaining Consent Items
3. Approve pdf Minutes (484 KB) for the February 21, 2017 Regular Council meeting.
Vacations of Right-Of-Way Set for Hearing (April 3, 2017)
4. No. 17VR002 - A request by Ferber Engineering Company, Inc. for City of Rapid City for a Vacation of Right of Way for property generally described as being located north of E. Mall Drive, east of North Lacrosse Street, south of Seger Drive.
Alcoholic Beverage License Applications Set for Hearing (March 20, 2017)
5. NAJA Shrine Temple for a SPECIAL EVENT On-Sale Dealer License for an Event scheduled for April 29, 2017 at Rapid City Shrine Center, 4091 Sturgis Road
6. SODACO, Inc. DBA Baymont Inn & Suites, 4040 Cheyenne Blvd for a Package (off sale) Malt Beverage & SD Farm Wine License
Public Works Committee Consent Items
7. No. PW022817-01 – Authorize Mayor and Finance Officer to Sign Covenant Agreement securing the future dedication of ROW along East St. Patrick Street as it abuts Lot 2A of John Roberts Subdivision.
8. No. PW022817-02 – Authorize Mayor and Finance Officer to Sign Agreement to allow temporary domestic water service by Rapid Valley Sanitary District at 3301 and 3011 South Drive.
9. No. PW022817-11 – Authorize Mayor and Finance Officer to Sign Agreement for Public Improvements Between the City, The North Atlantic Developers, LLC, and Personal Guarantors.
10. No. PW022817-03 – Approve Corrected funding for Bid Award Recommendation for Project No. 15-2316 West Omaha Drainage & Utility Improvements, Mountain View Road to 11th Street.
11. No. PW022817-04 – Waive Technical Consultant Selection Procedure and Approve Agreement Between the City of Rapid City and American Engineering Testing, Inc., for Sampling, Analysis, and Reporting Related to 2017 Environmental Monitoring for the Rapid City Municipal Landfill for $93,028.03.
12. No. PW022817-05 – Authorize Staff to Advertise for Bids for Expansion of Landfill Gas Collection System to Closed Cells 13, 14, & 17 at the Rapid City Landfill for $983,800.00.
13. No. PW022817-06 – Authorize Staff to Purchase One (1) Dodge 1500 Pickup and One (1) Dodge 2500 4x4 Pickup from state contract #16998.
14. No. PW022817-09 – Authorize Staff to Purchase a 2017 Class CL 3/4 Ton 4x4 Regular Cab Long Box Dodge Ram 2500 Pickup with State Bid Contract #16998 in the Amount of $26,429.00.
15. No. PW022817-07 – Authorize Mayor and Finance Officer to Sign an Amended Land Use Agreement between the City of Rapid City and Central State Fair, Inc. for various parcels surrounding the Pennington County fairgrounds, including the polo fields.
16. No. PW022817-08 – Authorize Staff to Advertise for Bids for PR17-5156, Replacement of carpet at the Roosevelt Swim Center, in the estimated amount of $65,000.00.
17. No. 17TP002 – Acknowledge Amendment #17-002 to the 2017-2020 Transportation Improvement Program.
Legal & Finance Committee Consent Items
18. No. LF030117-01 – Authorize Staff to Apply and Accept if Awarded the FY2016 Department of Homeland Security Hazardous Materials Emergency Preparedness Grant in the Amount of $8,740.00
19. No. LF030117-04 – Approve Resolution No. 2017-016 a Resolution Supporting the Month of May 2017 as South Dakota Wildfire Awareness Month
20. Acknowledge the Following Volunteers for Worker’s Compensation Purposes: Hailey Vielmette, Dennis Lorenzen, Terry Stone, Joel Reynolds, Bailey Ruff, Ray Burke
21. No. LF021517-14 – Acknowledge Discussion on Vision Funds
Community Planning & Development Services Department Consent Items
22. No. 17AN002 – Approve a request by KTM Design Solutions Inc. for BH Capital, LLC for Resolution No. 2017-009 - Petition of Annexation for property generally described as being located in the southeast quadrant of E. St. Patrick Street and South Valley Drive intersection. (This item was continued from the February 21, 2017 City Council meeting per the applicant’s request.)
23. No. 16CA006 - A request by City of Rapid City for Resolution No. 2016-078- Amendment to the Comprehensive Plan by adopting the Experience Rapid City Cultural Plan - Final.
24. No. 17TP004 - Approve the Rapid City Year End 2016 Population Estimate
Bid Award Consent Items
25. No. CC030617-02.1 – City Staff recommends referring the WRF Potable Water Improvements Bid Award, Project No. 15-2266 / CIP No. 51079, to the March 14, 2017 Public Works Committee Meeting.
END OF CONSENT ITEMS
NON-CONSENT ITEMS – Items 26 – 34
Open Public Comment – Items 26 – 34
Close Public Comment
26. No. PW022817-10 – First Reading, Ordinance No. 6113, An Ordinance to Amend Park Use Regulations by Amending Chapter 12.24 of the Rapid City Municipal Code.
27. No. 17RZ001 - First Reading, Ordinance 6158, An Ordinance Amending Section 17.06 of Chapter 17 of the Rapid City Municipal Code, a request by Sperlich Consulting, Inc. for ZO Incorporated for a Rezoning from General Agricultural District to Low Density Residential District II for property generally described as being located northeast of Jolly Lane and Ping Drive intersection.
28. No. 17RZ002 - First Reading, Ordinance 6159, An Ordinance Amending Section 17.06 of Chapter 17 of the Rapid City Municipal Code, a request by Sperlich Consulting, Inc. for Benevolent and Protective Order of Elks for a Rezoning from Low Density Residential District II to General Agricultural District for property generally described as being located northeast of Jolly Land and Ping Drive intersection.
29. No. LF021517-04 – Second Reading of Ordinance No. 6156 an Ordinance Repealing Chapter 1.08 of the Rapid City Municipal Code Relating to Wards and Precincts and Adopting a New Revised Chapter 1.08 of the Rapid City Municipal Code.
30. No. LF030117-06 – First Reading, Ordinance No. 6167, An Ordinance Narrowing the Municipal Licensing Requirements for Ambulances by Amending Sections 5.16.010 and 5.16.020 of the Rapid City Municipal Code.
Community Planning & Development Services Department Items
31. No. 17PL004 - A request by KTM Design Solutions Inc. for BH Capital, LLC for a Preliminary Subdivision Plan for proposed Lots A and B of Johnson Ranch Subdivision, generally described as being located southeast in the quadrant of E. St. Patrick Street and South Valley Drive intersection. (This item was continued from the February 21, 2017 Council meeting.)
Recommendation: Approve with stipulations
32. No. 17PL003 - A request by KTM Design Solutions for Hagg Brothers, LLC for a Preliminary Subdivision Plan for proposed Lots 1 and 2 of Block 1 and Drainage Lot of Block 2 of Freeland Ranch, generally described as being located north of Seger Drive.
Recommendation: Approve with stipulations
Legal & Finance Committee Items (NONE)
Public Works Committee Items
33. No. PW021417-17 – Appeal of Denial of Request from KTM Design Solutions for an Exception to Waive the Requirements for Subdivision Improvements on South Valley Drive. (This item was continued from the February 21, 2017 Council meeting.)
Recommendation: Send to City Council without recommendation. Motion carried 4-1.
Other Board, Commission & Committee Items (NONE)
Mayor’s Items (NONE)
34. No. CC030617-04.2 – Approve Change Order #1 to Lind-Exco, Inc, for an increase of $14,444.58 for removal of additional silt from Landfill Stormwater Pond.
PUBLIC HEARING ITEMS – Item 35
Open Public Hearing - Item 35
Close Public Hearing - Item 35
CONSENT PUBLIC HEARING ITEMS – Item 35
Remove Items from the “Consent Public Hearing Items” and Vote on Remaining Consent Items
Community Planning & Development Services Department Items (NONE)
35. Central Baseball Association for a SPECIAL EVENT Malt Beverage License for an Event scheduled for March 11, 2017 at ProMark, 4624 Creek Dr.
Assessment Rolls (NONE)
END OF CONSENT PUBLIC HEARING CALENDAR
NON-CONSENT PUBLIC HEARING ITEMS – (NONE)
36. No. CC030617-01 – Bill List for March 6, 2017