Police Chief Karl Jegeris
300 Kansas City Street
Rapid City, SD 57701
Non-Emergency Dispatch 394-4131
Police Records 394-4117
Evidence /Lost & Found 394-6033
Background Check 394-4134
Sex Offender Registration 394-4134
Training and Recruitment 394-4133
Media/Public Relations 394-6031
Community First, Service Above Self, Integrity-Driven. One Interaction at a Time.
Vision Statement: Striving for a safe and crime-free Rapid City.
Provides law enforcement patrol and investigative services.
General Fund: 100%
Respond to Calls
- Responded to nearly 128,000 calls for service in 2015.
- Utilize sector policing to build better community relationships.
- The RCPD offers an online service for reporting certain non-emrgency crimes online. If you wish to report an emergency, please dial 911. If you wish to report incidents such as Property Damage, Lost Property, Telephone Harassment, and Thefts, you may do so online by clicking this link.
Community Crime Map
- View Map (Enter the date range you wish to view, select the types of incidents you would like to see on the map, and click on any of the incidents to view basic crime information about each incident)
- Enforces applicable City ordinances and state statutes to control speed and improve driver safety.
- 24-hour emergency response and investigation.
- Full-time staff of qualified detectives.
- 24-hour response to major investigations.
- Specializes in investigation of crimes against people and property.
- Polygraph examination.
Street Crimes Unit
- Specially formed to handle and prevent violent crime in specific areas of the City.
- Provides forensic analysis and evidence storage for Rapid City and Pennington County law enforcement.
- Crime scene investigation.
Special Response Team
- Emergency response to dangerous and unusual incidents.