Police Chief Karl Jegeris
300 Kansas City Street
Rapid City, SD 57701
Non-Emergency Dispatch 394-4131
Police Records 394-4117
Evidence /Lost & Found 394-6033
Background Check 394-4134
Sex Offender Registration 394-4134
Training and Recruitment 394-4133
Media/Public Relations 394-6031
Members of the Rapid City Police Department are committed to excellence in public safety and are dedicated to the people, traditions and diversity of our city. We will provide community-enhancing services, foster a positive relationship with the community, and develop our agency and officers with an emphasis on professionalism, integrity, and service.
Provides law enforcement patrol and investigative services.
General Fund: 100%
Respond to Calls
- Responded to nearly 128,000 calls for service in 2015.
- Utilize sector policing to build better community relationships.
- Enforces applicable City ordinances and state statutes to control speed and improve driver safety.
- 24-hour emergency response and investigation.
- Full-time staff of qualified detectives.
- 24-hour response to major investigations.
- Specializes in investigation of crimes against people and property.
- Polygraph examination.
Street Crimes Unit
- Specially formed to handle and prevent violent crime in specific areas of the City.
- Provides forensic analysis and evidence storage for Rapid City and Pennington County law enforcement.
- Crime scene investigation.
Special Response Team
- Emergency response to dangerous and unusual incidents.