- Parking Violation Administrative Review Procedure - To the driver or owner receiving a parking ticket:
- If you feel that the ticket you received is unwarranted, you may request an administrative review of the parking violation. Such review is presented to the City Attorney’s office with a determination based on the merits of your case. The City Attorney may dismiss parking tickets for good cause, but clear violations of the Rapid City Municipal Parking Code will not be dismissed. In cases where tickets cannot be dismissed, late fees may be waived.
- Hours for disputing tickets:
- Wednesdays between 8:00 and 9:00 a.m.
Thursdays between 3:30 and 4:00 p.m.
Office of the City Attorney
City/School Administration Building
300 Sixth Street
Rapid City, SD 57701
- Wednesdays between 8:00 and 9:00 a.m.
- Disputes must be in person.
- No appointment is necessary.
Hours of Enforcement
|Metered||9:00 a.m. through 5:00 p.m., Monday through Saturday|
|Hourly||7:30 a.m. through 6:00 p.m., Monday through Saturday|
|Leased Parking||6:00 a.m. through 4:00 p.m., Monday through Friday|
|Metered in Leased Parking zone||9:00 a.m. through 4:00 p.m., Monday through Friday|
No parking enforcement on Sundays and holidays*
Metered parking zones are located on Columbus, Quincy, and Kansas City Streets from 5th Street through 9th Street, in the 900 block of St. Joseph and Main Streets and the 400 Block of St. Joseph Street. The time limit for the meters varies from twelve (12) minutes to ten (10) hours based on the location. The maximum time is posted on each meter. Each meter indicates the time limits for each coin. Meters accept $.05, $.10 and $.25 coins. Foreign coins are not accepted. Enforcement times are 9:00 a.m. through 5:00 p.m., Monday through Saturday, with the exception of holidays*.
Metered Parking in Leased Parking Lots
Metered parking is available in the Leased Parking zones at Sixth/Saint Joseph Street and in the Parking Ramp Zone. Enforcement times are 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., Monday through Friday, with the exception of holidays*.
- Lot #4: 4th Street & St. Joseph Street ($26.63 per month with tax)
- Lot #5: 6th Street & St. Joseph Street ($37.28 per month with tax)
- Lot #6: Parking Ramp at 6th Street & Main Street
- 2nd Level – all spaces are Leased Parking ($47.93 per month with tax)
- 3rd Level – CSAC and Leased Parking ($37.28 per month with tax)
- Lot #7: 7th Street & Apolda Street ($37.28 per month with tax)
- Lot #8: Mt. Rushmore Road & Main Street ($37.28 per month with tax)
A vehicle parked in any leased parking space must visibly display a valid leased parking permit Monday through Friday from the hours of 6:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., excluding holidays*. Violators will be issued a traffic violation and fined twenty-five dollars ($25).
For more information regarding City leased parking or to secure a leased parking space contact the City Finance Office at 605-394-4143 or visit the City Finance Office at 300 Sixth Street, Rapid City SD 57701 between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday.
All City “leased” parking zones are free and open to the public after 4:00 p.m. Monday through Friday, all day Saturday and Sunday and Holidays*
How to Pay
- Payments for parking violations are due in the City Finance Office within 72 hours. Violations not paid within 72 hours will receive a late fee.
- Payments can be made at the City Cashiers Office at 300 6th Street. Hours are 7:30 a.m. through 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday.
- Payments may be placed in the Parking Violation Drop Box. The boxes are emptied Monday through Friday at 7:00 a.m.
- 2nd and Main Street
- 6th and Main Street
- 7th and Main Street
- 6th and St. Joseph Street
- 7th and St. Joseph Street
- 8th and St. Joseph Street
- 9th and St. Joseph Street (Federal Building)
- 6th and Kansas City Street
- 7th and Kansas City Street (entrance to Dahl Fine Arts Building)
- 9th and Kansas City Street
- 6th Street Parking Ramp (entrance located on 6th Street)
- 300 Kansas City Street (entrance to the Public Safety Building)
- Night Deposit box at the City/School Administration Building Box (west side of building)
- Payments may be mailed to the City Cashiers Office, 300 6th Street, Rapid City, SD 57701
- Postmark dates are not accepted as payment dates
- The City of Rapid City will not pay the postage
- It is not recommended to mail cash
- Make checks payable to the City of Rapid City
*HOLIDAYS: New Year’s Day, Martin Luther King Day, President’s Day, Good Friday, Memorial Day, July 4th, Labor Day, Native American Day, Veteran’s Day, Thanksgiving (Thursday and Friday) and Christmas
For more information contact: