Police Officer Wages & Benefits
The Rapid City Police Department offers a competitive salary and benefits package to all its officers.
Starting salary for an RCPD officer: $19.62/hour (for officers hired after Jan. 1, 2014). Officers work a 40-hour week, and are paid overtime for work outside their normal shift.
- Uniforms and equipment provided
- Liability insurance and worker comp
- Annual physical exams
- Sick leave
- Paid leave of 2 weeks per year. This jumps to 3 weeks of paid leave per year when the employee reaches 4 years of service.
- Paid holidays
- Health insurance provided for the employee at no cost. The City pays a portion of the premium for family coverage.
- Dental insurance
- Life insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan provided through the South Dakota Retirement System. City matches 8% of the employee’s pre-tax wages.
- Supplemental retirement plan available
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending plan
Rapid City Police Department
300 Kansas City St, Suite 200, Rapid City, SD 57701-2890
Non-Emergency: 605-394-4131 Emergency: 911
Copyright (C) 2014 The City of Rapid City. All rights reserved. Disclaimer