515 West Boulevard, Rapid City, SD 57701
(605) 394-4175 FAX: (605) 394-5307
Founders Park is located at 1510 West Omaha Street on the north side of Rapid Creek just west of the Executive Golf Course. This park consists of approximately 60 acres with four lighted sand volleyball courts, access to the Leonard Swanson Memorial Pathway, picnic tables and the Rapid Trout sculpture.
Founders Park is named for the original "founders" of Rapid City who camped on this site when the original township was surveyed and laid out. Most of the open space was acquired after the 1972 Flood. The parking lot is used as a popular trailhead for the Swanson Pathway which runs along Rapid Creek and periodically during the summer months for the local Farmers Market.
Copyright (C) 2013 The City of Rapid City. All rights reserved. Disclaimer