Meeting and Study Room Reservations
Have Questions? Check out our Meeting Room/Study Room FAQ (PDF)
We recently updated our meeting/study room request program.
Instructions for D!bs – Study Rooms and Microfilm Reservations
Choose 1-4 People
Choose a time increment from the drop down: 0.5 Hour, 1 Hour, 1.5 Hour or 2 Hour
Choose the time of day: Now, Anytime, Morning, Afternoon or Evening
Choosing anything other than Now will bring a dropdown to choose a date
Click on Available Times:
Click on the time you want
Choose the room you want
Enter the required information and CALL D!BS!
Instructions for Spaces - Meeting Room Reservations
Create an Account if you haven’t already done so – top right corner
Enter the required information and watch for the confirmation email
Once you confirm your email you can log in
Login to request a space
Please read the room policy at the left side of the page.
Enter the date and time and click Search for a Space
Check the Equipment box at the left if you would like to reserve laptops
You will be asked later how many you want
Click on Pick Me! if one of the rooms works for you
You can change the Time and Date at the top of the screen if you want to look for something else
Once you click on Pick Me! please enter the required information and answer the questions.
Don’t forget to pick a quantity for laptops if you chose to reserve them
Please list the purpose for the room
Choose Organization – what kind of group/business are your representing? Education, Support Group, Environmental, etc.
If you want to add another organization to choose from, click Join or Create an Organization
Answer the required questions
The Payment Summary screen will display as zero.
If you are for profit or are meeting after hours, you will receive an updated confirmation showing the status as “Not Paid” and showing the amount you owe.
Once it’s paid, you will receive a confirmation of payment
No products, services, or memberships may be advertised, solicited, or sold. No personal use shall be permitted such as weddings, receptions, parties. However, at the discretion of the Library Director, the following will be permissible at library initiated programs:
- Fund raising to benefit the Library and sponsored by the Friends of the Library, the Rapid City Library Foundation or other library-related groups.
- The sale of books and other items as part of a library program.
The Rapid City Public Library is a public institution whose meeting and study room facilities are available as a service to the public on a first come, first serve basis. The intent of this policy is to make the Library’s limited meeting room space available on as equitable a basis as possible. In making meeting rooms and study rooms available, the Library Board has set the following criteria for priority of use in the event of conflicting events.
- First priority is given to Library sponsored or co-sponsored programs.
- Second priority is given to community cultural, educational, charitable or civic groups who operate under a Non-Profit status.
- Third priority is given to study groups, or small free classes (such as exercise, crafts, chess clubs, etc) who want a place to meet that is private and quiet.
- Fourth priority is given to For-Profit organizations, for a FEE, based upon availability of meeting rooms and in accordance with the Fee Policy of the Library as outlined below.
The Library reserves the right to limit the frequency of use of the meeting rooms by any one group, to best accommodate the many requests.
The fact that a group is permitted to meet in the Library does not in any way constitute an endorsement of the group’s policies and beliefs. Groups using the meeting room should clearly indicate who is sponsoring the event in their advertisements and news releases.
The Library reserves the right to deny use of a meeting room if the room is needed for Library or civic purposes. Organizations will be given advance notice of the Library’s intent to deny use.
Guidelines for Use
The following guidelines will be adhered to at all events held within Library meeting rooms.
- The group using the room is responsible for all necessary set-up and clean up. Be sure to schedule this extra time when requesting room reservations.
- Chairs and tables are stored in the meeting room closet.
- The following equipment is available for use in the meeting rooms with advance notice: laptop, projector, telephone.
- Food and or drinks are allowed in the meeting rooms.
- Damages to the premises, equipment or furnishing as a result of group use will be charged to the group responsible.
- All Library rules and regulations must be followed.
- The noise level must be kept at acceptable Library level. This includes sound from TV and computer presentations, live presentations, and visiting.
- Meetings scheduled under the Meeting Room Policy are open to the public.
- Meeting rooms at the downtown library may be scheduled between 9:00 a.m. and 9:00 p.m., Monday thru Thursday and 9:00 a.m. and 7:00 p.m., Friday thru Sunday; meetings scheduled after regular library hours require 72 hours advance notice and will be charged a fifteen dollar ($15) fee per meeting to be paid in advance. Allow sufficient set-up and clean up time when scheduling the room.
- Cancellations shall be provided at least 24 hours before the scheduled time of the event. Cancellations may be made online or by email or phone call, by a contact person listed on the Acknowledgment Agreement. If any equipment was reserved for the event, please state what was reserved in the cancellation notice.
Non-Profit and For-Profit groups may rent a meeting room that charge for the instructions of a course. The cost and refund rates are the same as listed below.
- Non-Profit groups that charge for items other than a course or selling a product (for example membership fees, free-will donations, supplies, etc) may use the room with no fee.
- For-Profit groups may rent meeting rooms for a fee.
- Cost of renting a meeting room is $15 per hour.
- After-hours scheulding is $15 per meeting.
- For-Profit groups may not sell products or services on the library premises.
- The fee is required before an event can be approved. Event requests will be held as “unapproved” until payment is received.
- Fees can be mailed to the Library in care of the Business Office or dropped off during Business Office hours. Checks should be made payable to “Rapid City Public Library”. Receipts will be provided upon request. Payments can be made by credit card either over the phone or on-site at the Downtown Library during regular hours of operation.
- Refunds for cancelled events will be made only if the Library is given at least 7 days notice of the cancellation.
Study Room Guidelines
The library’s study rooms may be scheduled up to two hours per day by any individual or group with the possibility of an additional two hour extension if no other patrons are waiting to use the study rooms. Study room group size is limited to four(4) individuals.
To ensure the best service for everyone, study room reservations will be canceled if not claimed within the first fifteen minutes of the time reserved. The following library equipment is NOT available for use in the study rooms: laptop, projector, telephone.
Cancelling Your Room Reservations
Cancellations must be made 24 hours before the scheduled time of the event. Cancellations may be made online via the link in your confirmation email, by email or by phone call (605-394-4171). Cancellation must be made by a contact person listed on the Acknowledgment Agreement. If any equipment was reserved for the event, please state what was reserved in the cancellation notice. Refunds for cancelled events will be made only if the Library is given at least 7 days notice of the cancellation.
We recently updated our meeting/study room request program.
If you need help requesting a room, please give us a call. 605-394-4171
Please print a copy of this page for your records.